CertificationView course modules
The course Diploma in Services Management introduces the topic of managing business services, how to make business services more effective and efficient, how businesses can achieve excellence in customer relationships by designing and developing effective and efficient service processes for their customers.
The course begins by introducing you to the topic of service management and the elements of service management such as how best to serve customers in the modern business environment, what the product service systems are, what the service act comprises of, and how to ensure seamless service to customers both within and outside an organisation. You will then learn how businesses can use marketing elements to shape demand patterns for a service. You will learn about consumer behaviour and how important elements of service processes such as queuing and waiting lines can be re-designed to greatly improve customer experience and also increase service productivity and efficiency.
You will learn how to develop an effective positioning strategy for a business service and how to use positioning maps to analyze competitive strategy. You will then learn about branding and what is meant by a 'brand'. You will learn about the key features of a successful brand and how they can be applied to a business service. You will examine the various components of strategic thinking and how to develop and implement a strategic plan.
The course then introduces you to the dimensions of service quality and the elements of customer satisfaction. You will learn how to classify quality and customer satisfaction under the headings of 'hard', 'soft' and 'outcome' quality. You will learn about the benefits of implementing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and how to develop an effective CRM strategy to improve service quality. Finally, the course describes the service innovation process and how building quality into services improves their efficiency and effectiveness.
This course will be of great interest to all business service professionals and business owners that offer services to customers and who would like to learn more about managing and improving business services.
Having completed this course learners will be able to:
- Explain what a service is; - Describe the four categories of services;
- List the 7 Ps of service marketing;
- Explain service dimensions: Intangibility, Heterogeneity, Inseparability and Perishability;
- Describe how to develop service blueprints;
- Describe how to fail proof a service;
- Explain why services should be redesigned;
- Describe managing customer perceptions of risk;
- Describe the relationship between the service delivery process and the service system;
- Describe how to design a new service process;
- Explain the components of the new service development cycle;
- Explain the role of culture in service excellence;
- Describe positioning strategies for services;
- Explain what is meant by 'brand', and branding strategies;
- Describe strategic thinking for service organizations;
- Describe how to develop a strategic plan and implement it;
- Describe how to set pricing policy for a service;
- Describe the Three C's Model for price setting;
- Describe the dimensions of service quality;
- Explain the soft and hard measures of service quality;
- Describe the costs of service quality and approaches to service recovery;
- Explain how to implement a Customer Relationship Management system;
- Describe the service innovation process.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.
2 years ago
Nice Course, Getting a lot of knowledge from it. Thanks.