In the retail world of today, technology can be used extensively to prevent stock loss, maximise sales, and improve customer service. In addition to technology, retail security can drastically improve the safety and security of your retail store.
In this course, learn about dynamic personalisation technology, radio frequency identification devices, and customer relationship management software. Then, learn about how to vet employees for trustworthiness, techniques for loss prevention, and how to identify and deal with crime in a retail environment.
This course will be of great interest to anyone who hopes to someday manage a retail store, or to anyone who is just entering the retail business and wants to know how to maximise the potential of their retail store.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe various key advancements in retail technology.
- Define and describe the uses of radio frequency identification (RFID).
- Define and describe the use of Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Explain how shoppers use their mobile phones before purchase.
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of technology in retail.
- List the information that employers should ask for on a job application form.
- Discuss the benefits of hiring security.
- Describe practices and procedures that can help prevent retail crime.
- Explain the measures that should be taken in the event of a crime.
- Describe how retail employees should cope with aggressive customers and customer complaints.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.