What if you could use smart home products to improve your family’s security, safety and enjoyment levels? Here are key everyday examples of how smart home automation could work in your life:
1. Use your mobile phone to remotely view your home via a smart camera, arm your security alarm, and adjust your lights and thermostats while away.
2. Be reassured that your home and family are safe and protected, whether you’re there or not.
3. Receive text and email alerts on your smartphone once an intruder enters your home or smoke is detected.
4. Save on your energy bills.
Smart homes can deliver major benefits to homeowners but you are faced with choosing between a myriad of smart device brands, trying to piece everything together, and often the overwhelming feeling of transitioning to a smart home...
This step-by-step course will take you from having no smart devices installed in your house to living in a fully functional smart home. It begins by helping you to make the right decision as to how to improve your Wi-Fi connection to support your new smart home. Next, you will study digital assistants in the context of a smarter home and learn how to use smart home alarm devices to improve your property’s security levels. The material then discusses various smart lighting options. You will be taught how to implement smart thermostats to reduce your electricity bill and how to install smart cameras to improve your family’s security levels. Next, see how to arrange a number of safety devices to reduce the risks of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning. The final module explains how to unleash the magic of smart homes by implementing various types of automation. The course comes with a series of informative questions to help your revision and study, before you take the final assessment (and apply for certification). Resources include the ‘Essential Guide to Smart Home Safety & Security’ book.
Whether you’re confused about how to get started in digitizing your house or you need some guidance on the next steps, this comprehensive course takes the guesswork out of creating your very own smart home. The programme shows you everything you need to know to turn your house into a smart home, which will reduce power consumption, create a comfortable family environment and protect your property against intruders.
By the end of the course, you will have a strong understanding of how to make a new smart home. Start the road to digitization by enrolling now! Start Course Now
In This Free Course, You Will Learn How To View All Learning Outcomes View Less
All Alison courses are free to enrol study and complete. To successfully complete this course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this course, you have the option to acquire an official Diploma, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world.
Your Alison is:
- Ideal for sharing with potential employers
- Include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications.
- An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill & achieve high results.
- An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning.
Alison offers 3 types of Diplomas for completed Diploma courses:
- Digital : a downloadable in PDF format immediately available to you when you complete your purchase.
- : a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked , posted to you with FREE shipping.
- Framed : a physical version of your officially branded and security marked in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping.
All are available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison , please visit our FAQs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison , you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our pricing, please visit our Pricing Page