The first section covers corporate, operations and human resources management giving you an overview of how companies are often structures, how they operate and manage competitiveness and how human resources function. The next section addresses project management, a multidisciplinary skill used to implement most of the changes and advancements in companies, by taking you through a project life cycle.
The final section covers basic accountancy skills, for the core accounting concepts of debits and credits through core accounting principles, such as consistency, full disclosure and materiality, to help you understand what financial practices are important. It also covers entrepreneurship provided insight on key entrepreneurial skills from Bill Liao, co-founder of the social networking site XING.com.
Alison's business management certificate, with a focus on entrepreneurial studies, is ideal for those who want to further their knowledge and understanding of business management and entrepreneurship through an online business course, and will greatly enhance your career prospects.
Having completed the course you will be able to:
- Describe the functions of different types of organisation and the environment in which they operate
- Discuss the relationship between operations, productivity and competitiveness in relation to operations management
- Describe the role of a human resources manage
- Discuss the eight stages of the employment life cycle
- Describe stages of a project and each pahse of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Discuss the purpose of the cash flow, profit & loss and the balance sheet statements
- Calculate the key ratios used in accounting
- Discuss the process for recording stock and depreciating stock
- Describe key characteristics of successful entrepreneurs
- Identify key types of communication useful in starting an enterprise
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.