CertificationView course modules
The essential role of the nurse as caregiver is well recognised, however, the nursing profession has evolved significantly over the years. This free online course will outline the various dynamic roles that nurses play in today’s evolving healthcare settings.
The course will first provide an overview of the responsibilities of a nurse as a team leader such as nursing leadership skills and styles, as well, outlining the most effective teaching strategies used by nursing educators today. The learner will then be introduced to various factors of transcultural nursing and sociocultural beliefs about illness to include causes, cures, and its implications for nurses. The course will then examine the vital roles that the medical team plays within the operating room and the responsibilities of nurses during different phases of the surgical cycle, from the pre-operative to post-operative phase.
This course provides an excellent resource for those who want to develop their nursing career. By taking this course, you will improve your nursing leadership and teaching capabilities and gain insights into the best practices used to improve healthcare delivery today.Start Course Now
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Identify the factors that define team nursing and the responsibilities of a team leader
- Examine the steps in the teaching learning process and what factors affect learning
- Define the principles for effective teacher-learning and the three types of learning
- Identify nursing interventions needed to communicate with a patient who is blind, deaf, or speaks a foreign language
- Examine the factors of transcultural nursing and sociocultural beliefs about illness to include causes, cures, and nursing implications
- Cite facts related to the surgical experience and its associated nursing implications
- Define the three major classifications of anesthetic agents
- Identify nursing implications related to preventing surgical complications
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.