Mental health care and wellbeing are becoming increasingly important aspects of health provision in health systems around the world. The course begins by introducing you to areas of mental health where the activities, actions or habits of people endanger their health and welfare.
The course introduces the learner to suicide, conditions that are likely to be a cause of suicide, and preventative treatment measures. Next, the course teaches how to manage violent patients and outlines the complex area of substance abuse. The course describes the long and short-term effects of substance abuse, and identifies the signs, symptoms and treatment for overdose and withdrawal of alcohol, opioids and barbiturates.
This mental health studies course will be of great interest to healthcare professionals or those interested in the field of mental health, counselling, psychotherapy, therapeutics and other related areas of healthcare.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Identify the signs and types of suicide behaviors.
- Cite conditions that are likely to cause of suicide.
- Identify the most common precipitating factors in violent behavior.
- Identify the methods used to manage the violent patient who is unarmed or armed.
- Describe the factors impacting the effect of the particular substance on the individual.
- Identify the long and short-term effects of substance abuse.
- Identify the signs/symptoms and treatment for overdose and withdrawal of alcohol, opioids and barbiturates.
- Identify behavior changes resulting from substance abuse.
- Describe body mechanism adjustments and tolerance levels to substances.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.