Machining and Cutting Fluids
In this free online course, learn about the cutting fluids and its additives in the machining process.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificationView course modules
This free online course introduces you to the concepts of cutting fluids and its additives in the machining process. You will gain insights into the need, the types, properties and the functions of cutting fluids in the machining process. This course is arranged systematically and presented clearly so you will easily be able to understand the given concepts.
The second part of the course covers topics such as composition structure of cutting fluids, classification of emulsifiers and the types of emulsions in the machining process. You will learn about extreme pressure, anti-foam additives and biocides and how these processes come under the additives of cutting fluids in the machining process.
Finally, the course gives emphasis on the role of rust inhibitors and the ecological effects of cutting fluids in the machining process. Upon completion of this course, you will understand the different methods of applying cutting fluids, factors to be considered while selecting cutting fluids and the different cutting fluids additives in the machining process. The Machining and Cutting Fluids course is a basic, but informative course and will interest mechanical undergraduate students or those who have an interest in these topics. So, sign up for this course and start learning today!Start Course Now
By the end of this course, you will be able to
• Identify the need for cutting fluids in the machining process
• Define the types of cutting fluids in the machining process
• Discuss the properties of cutting fluids in the machining process
• Explain the role of cutting fluids in the machining operations
• Distinguish the different types of cutting fluid additives in the machining process
• Describe the composition structure of cutting fluids in the machining process
• Identify the various categories of emulsifiers in the machining process
• Define the different types of emulsions in the machining process
• Explain the functions of various additives of cutting fluids in the machining process
• Describe the mechanisms of extreme pressure, anti-foam additives and biocides
• Define what rust inhibitors are in the machining process
• Discuss the various ecological effects of cutting fluids in the machining process
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Certificate, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certificate is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certificates for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certificates are available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certificates, please visit our FAQs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certificate, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certificate pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.