CertificationView course modules
In this course you will learn about using reflexive pronouns (myself/yourself etc.); know when reflexive pronouns are not necessary and when we use other phrases instead; learn about possessive pronouns (mine/yours etc.) and using 'own', 'self', 'there', and 'it'; learn about dummy subjects and the verb 'to be'; learn about describing nouns; use modal verbs to provide extra information; use interrogatives or question words; learn to use 'some' and 'any' for quantity, in positive and negative forms; practice using the suffixes -body and -thing for people and objects; be able to compare nobody and anybody; practice using singular and plural words, gender neutral words, both, either, neither, a lot and all in sentences.
Learn more about Alison's English Language Vertical.Start Course Now
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Justify why we use reflexive pronouns, e.g. myself/ourselves etc. in sentences where the subject and the object are the same.
- Explain why there are certain sentences where reflexive pronouns are not necessary and we use other words/phrases instead.
- Relate how possessive pronouns mean something which belongs to someone and outline why singular words are often followed by plural words.
- Describe how the words 'own' and 'self' are used in sentences with a similar meaning and how 'both', 'either' and 'neither' refers to or compares two things.
- Relate how the words 'there' and 'it' are used as dummy subjects with the verb 'to be' - to give information about a noun and how 'there' refers to place.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.