CertificationView course modules
Manufacturing industries are a vital component of all modern economies and all of them require employees who are skilled in, and knowledgeable about, manufacturing processes.
This Introduction to Manufacturing Processes will give you a detailed understanding of processes such as casting, forming, cutting and joining. It will review aspects of surface and optical materials engineering as well as examine a number of case studies related to these processes.
The course is ideal for employees in manufacturing industries or business, professionals who want to learn more about this type of work, and anyone who might be seeking a job or career in a manufacturing industry.Start Course Now
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise that the manufacturing has many components affecting it.
- Identify and Explain the different types of casting processes.
- Discuss the process of forming materials for manufacturing.
- Identify the reason for using cutting as a secondary manufacturing operation.
- Recognise the reason for using joining in manufacturing operations.
- Recognise the difference between brazing and soldering.
- Discuss the different types of Adhesives that can be used for Joining.
- Discuss solid-state welding, the ways it can be performed and fusion welding
- Recognize and understand the reactions and effects objects can have on light that comes into contact with them
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.