CertificationView course modules
Many English language learners struggle with prepositions - which ones to use, where, when and how etc. This course aims to help solve that problem. It covers the grammar of prepositions as it functions in practical, real-world examples.
Through presentations, exercises and listening, you will learn about: using different prepositions depending on positions and times; rules for using prepositions; when and when not to use prepositions; using prepositions in different situations; using prepositions to describe how things are done.
Learn more about Alison's English Language Vertical.Start Course Now
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define how we use prepositions of time: in/at/on and provide examples.
- List the rules for using prepositions for times, days, dates and longer periods.
- Explain the differences when using in and on for times.
- Explain why, in spoken English we often leave out 'on' before days.
- Justify how using in + time is sometimes optional.
- Relate how and when we use 'in' to refer to a particular position in a particular place.
- Review the use of 'into' to indicate moving from one place to another.
- Analyse using 'by' or 'with' when we say something is done by somebody.
- State the reasons 'by' means beside/next to and is used in numerical calculations.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.