CertificationView course modules
In this course, English Grammar and Vocabulary - Discussing Work, you will learn key vocabulary and grammar for discussing work. Practice using verbs, collocations, phrasal verbs, idioms, linking words and expressions. Improve your sentence structure. Revise and expand your use of gerunds and infinitives. Study key phrases used in the workplace today. Improve your listening and speaking skills by listening to native speakers of English. Complete the test questions to help you learn.
Learn more about Alison's English Language Vertical.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the differences between 'even though', 'even if', 'though' and 'although'.
- Demonstrate the correct use of phrasal verbs for certain situations.
- Justify the use of gerunds and infinitives after certain expressions.
- Show the meaning of adjectives used to describe work.
- Analyse the most appropriate work-related idioms for certain situations.
- Practice the use of gerunds and infinitives after question words and expressions with quantifiers.
- Review the use of work-related collocations.
- State verbs after which we use the infinitive with 'to' and verbs after which we use 'the gerund'.
- Describe instances where linking words can express contrast with no change in meaning.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.