Following the recent global financial crisis there has been a huge increase in people seeking to learn about how economies and modern economic systems work. People now realise that economic decisions taken in one country can dramatically affect the economies of other countries around the world. This free online course examines in detail economic concepts and principles such as Capacity Utilization Rate, Return on Assets, Gross profits, Cost of Goods Sold, Earnings Before Interest and Taxes, Breakeven point, Aggregate Capacity, Aggregate Demand, and Aggregate Utilization. The course also looks at the rise of the Chinese economy and how it affects the economy of a country like America, for example, in terms of China buying US government bonds and in relation to the Chinese-US balance of payments. The course will be of great interest to finance and business professionals who would like to gain a deeper understanding of modern economic concepts and principles, and to anyone who would like to learn more about how the economies of the world are interrelated.
- Understand economic concepts and principles such as Capacity Utilization Rate, Return on Assets, Gross profits, and Cost of Goods Sold;
- Understand the principles behind Earnings Before Interest and Taxes, Breakeven point, Aggregate Capacity, Aggregate Demand, and Aggregate Utilization;
- Examine the rise of the Chinese economy and how it affects the economy of a country like America;
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to share your success. Plus it’s:
- Ideal for including in CVs, job applications and portfolios
- An indication of your ability to learn and achieve high results
- An incentive to continue to empower yourself through learning
- A tangible way of supporting the Alison mission to empower people everywhere through education.
Modules List( 2 )
UNDERSTANDING MODERN ECONOMICS
1 Understanding Modern Economics
In this module learn about modern economics and how it effects the economies of countries around the world.
- Modern Economics - Example: Economics of a Cupcake Factory
- Economics of a Cupcake Factory - Part 2
- Economics of a Cupcake Factory - Part 3
- Inflation, Deflation & Capacity Utilization - Part 1
- Inflation, Deflation & Capacity Utilization - Part 2
- Inflation & Deflation 3: Obama Stimulus Plan
- CPI Index
- Simple Analysis of Cost per Job Saved from Stimulus
- Unemployment Rate Primer
- Floating Exchange Resolving Trade Imbalance
- China Pegs to Dollar to Keep Trade Imbalance
- China buys US Bonds
- Review of China US currency situation
- Data on Chinese M1 Increase in 2010
- Data on Chinese Foreign Assets Increase in 2010
- Data on Chinese US Balance of Payments
- Chinese inflation
- Floating Exchange Effect on China
- Floating Exchange Effect on US
Module 1: Resource View Resource
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Understanding Modern Economics Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
- Understanding Modern Economics Assessment