Back Care and Manual Handling (Theory) - Revised 2017
With this course, learn all the essential theory aspects of manual handling instruction. For example, learn how the back works and precautions to take both at home and at work that will prevent injury, as well as the principles of safe lifting.
This course is intended as a refresher training course for staff who have previously completed a one day Manual Handling course. Within two weeks of completing this course, you should attend a practical skills training session led by a qualified manual handling instructor (and lasting between 2-4 hours).
This course was developed by the National Federation of Voluntary Bodies. It is intended for front-line staff working in services for people with disabilities.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss preventing back injury.
- List relevant Health and Safety legislation to back care and manual handling.
- Discuss TILE and how it relates to ergonomics and problem solving.
- List the principles of safer handling.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
Modules List( 2 )
Correct Workstation Layout View Resource
1 Good Back Care and Safer Manual Handling Online Tutorial
2 Course assessment