Fundamentals of Health and Safety in the Workplace
This free online course is about health and safety in the workplace and is suitable for all people in training and employment. It is intended to raise your awareness of the dangers of your work so that you will not get injured. It is also designed to help you understand your duties to your fellow workers, as well as your employer's duties towards you.
The course will help identify risks and hazards in the workplace and describe the steps involved in a risk assessment. You will learn about the different types of fires and which type of fire extinguisher should be used to extinguish them. You will also review health and safety issues involving electricity and computers, the working environment and chemicals and other hazards.
This free online course will be of great interest to all workers wishing to learn more about the fundamentals of health and safety in the workplace.
Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- Define and identify risks and hazards;
- Describe The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974;
- Describe how to undertake a risk assessment;
- Explain the different types of fires and fire extinguishers;
- Describe health and safety issues involving electricity and computers;
- Describe health and safety issues involving the working environment;
- Describe health and safety issues involving chemicals and other hazards.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
Modules List( 2 )
FUNDAMENTALS OF HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE...
1 Fundamentals of Health and Safety in the Workplace
END OF COURSE ASSESSMENT
2 Fundamentals of Health and Safety in the Workplace Assessment
You must score 80% or more to pass this assessment.
Health and Safety Assessment