CertificationView course modules
The human body is made up many systems that carry out various functions that enable humans to move, think, act, create, and so much more.
Learn all about the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system, respiratory system, reproductive system, skeletal system, nervous system and others. For each system covered in the course, the anatomical features are outlined in detailed diagrams and the physiological functions are explained. Learn how these systems develop and how they interact. How does the human brain send messages to your muscles to move if you have, for instance, mistakenly put your hand on a hot stove? The nervous system of course! Develop an understanding of the amazing ways that your body functions on its own accord.
Alison's Diploma in Human Anatomy and Physiology course will be of great interest to students of anatomy, physiology, biomedical science and medicine, as well as any learner wanting to expand their knowledge and understanding of the human body.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the structure and functions of the blood and blood vessels;
- Describe the structure and functions of the heart;
- Describe the structure and function of the human digestive system;
- Describe the structure and functions of the muscular system;
- Review the structure and function of the human nervous system;
- Explain the transmission of neural impulses;
- Describe the structure and functions of the male and female reproductive systems;
- Describe the development of an offspring during the intrauterine process;
- Describe the structure and functions of the respiration system;
- Describe the structure and functions of the sensory organs;
- and describe the structure and functions of the human skeleton.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.