In the course Introduction to C++ Programming you will be introduced to programming principles in C++, and learn about some of its operators and functions and how to create objects and classes in C++.
The course begins by introducing you to the history of C++. You will learn about the compilation process of a C++ program, about variables in C++, how they are strongly typed and what that means. Next, the course teaches you about the fundamentals operations of C++.
You will learn about loops and the switch statement, and about operators in C++. You will also learn about functions, commenting, creating header files, and about using const to make sure variables don’t change their values. Finally, you will be introduced to what a object is and how classes help you in creating objects.
You will learn about initialization, encapsulation and constructors. You will also learn about making const objects and problems that can occur with creating const objects.
This free Alison course will be of great interest to programmers or developers who would like to learn more about the C++ programming language.
Prerequisites: The learner will need to have a good understanding of programming concepts and know at least one other programming language.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe the three-step process code goes through when it is being compiled;
- Discuss variable types in C++ and how to convert them into different types;
- Explain why C++ is a strongly typed programming language;
- Discuss the flow of control in a program and the precedence of operators in C++;
- Describe what functions are and how they work;
- Explain the usefulness of creating a header file and an object file to hold functions and objects;
- Describe the C++ standard library and how to include in your programs;
- Explain different ways to call the C++ standard library member functions;
- Identify what an object is;
- Explain how a class can help create complex objects;
- Discuss the process of encapsulation within your program.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.