Learn how to get more work done in less time with the effective study techniques taught in this free online course.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificationView course modules
Learning occurs effectively when one undergoes the four-step cycle of Preparing, Absorbing, Capturing, and Reviewing. This course will guide you through the best ways of completing this cycle. You will learn how to use goal setting as a means of staying focused and motivated to reach your study goals. Next, you will be introduced to really helpful learning strategies for storing and retrieving information, and the use of mnemonics for memorizing lists and data.
Next, you will be shown how to master the critical thinking process, which is really nothing more than asking the right questions to understand a problem! This skill is invaluable for understanding how to use the study material in front of you efficiently. You will also learn how to review and evaluate different types of texts with a particular focus on math and science-based material. The three stages in the writing process will be also be discussed in a clear and straightforward manner.
The course will be of great use to learners everywhere, no matter what it is you are trying to study. Studying subjects and topics that are difficult and boring doesn't have to be impossible or stressful, and you'll be doing yourself and your mental health a great favour by taking that stress out of your day. So why wait? Check out the course now, and improve your study skills today.Start Course Now
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain learning styles and recognize learning preferences;
- Practice time management strategies;
- Explain the skills necessary to succeed at online learning;
- Prepare for listening in class and taking notes;
- Use and explain the four primary methods of note taking;
- Explain the difference between short and long term memory;
- Use a variety of strategies to build memory power;
- Explain the importance of reading for learning;
- Define the four steps of active learning;
- Develop strategies to help you read effectively and quickly;
- Develop strategies to apply when taking tests and quizzes;
- Explain the writing process;
- Develop productive pre-writing and revision strategies;
- Distinguish between revision and editing;
- Explain the demands of specific writing situations, such as writing essays or writing in an online class.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.