This course NSDC Course: Retail Trainee Associate will present you with the skills and knowledge necessary to become an excellent trainee associate. As a Trainee Associate your responsibilities will stretch across a wide variety of areas including attending the customer, making sales, stock taking, inventory shrinkage, maintaining visual merchandising, and many more.
In order to fulfil these responsibilities, it is essential that you have a firm understanding of store activities, the customer buying behaviour, and the art of attending to customers, which this course will prepare you for.
The course caters for different learning needs by supplying the learner with both text and video based content. You will learn a number of topics to strengthen your abilities as a trainee associate and build your skill based knowledge, communicative English, and personal effectiveness.
This course will test your knowledge on the content at different intervals to increase your learning before you complete a final graded assessment at the end of the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the retail industry and explain the different types of retail formats.
- Identify the activities in a retail outlet.
- Identify your roles and responsibilities as a trainee associate.
- Identify different types of customers and their buying behaviour.
- Deliver excellent service while making a sale.
- Define how to up sell and cross sell.
- Explain how to handle customer complaints effectively.
- Describe the different layouts of a store.
- Describe different ways to maintain effective visual merchandising.
- State the need to use safety equipment.
- Recognise how to stock take and causes of an inventory shrinkage.
- List the different categories of products.
- State the legal rights of the retailer and the consumer.
- Recognise effective communication skills.
- Identify the need for good etiquette and self-hygiene.
- Identify ways to improve your self-management.
- Prepare for an interview by writing an effective resume.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.