Managing Health and Safety in Healthcare - Safety Management
This course aims to provide healthcare line managers and department heads with an introduction to managing occupational health and safety. The full course consists of six modules and is suitable for all healthcare settings.
This module, Module 2 , introduces you to Safety Management in Healthcare . It can be studied as a stand alone module or as part of the full course.
Module 2 is split into five topics:
- Topic 1: Safety Statement,
- Topic 2: Safe Systems Of Work,
- Topic 3: Safety Consultation,
- Topic 4: Information, Instruction, Training And Supervision, and
- Topic 5: Investigation Of Accidents And Incidents.
Please note that the module is intended as an overview and may need to be supplemented by more specific training and / or specialised advice.
At the end of this module you should be able to:
- explain how to manage occupational health and safety in a healthcare environment
- identify the components and describe the function of a safety statement
- recognise the importance of safety consultation in the workplace
- recognise the value of information, instruction, training and workplace supervision, and
- outline the steps in an accident investigation
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
Modules List( 1 )
1 Managing Health and Safety in Healthcare – Safety Management
This course presents learners with an outline of how to successfully manage occupational health and safety in the workplace. The content highlights the importance of safe systems of work, safety consultation and employee instruction, information and training in maintaining a safe workplace. Learners are also introduced to the principles of accident investigation.
Module Outline (Introduction)
Topic 1: Safety Statement
Topic 2: Safe Systems Of Work
Topic 3: Safety Consultation
Topic 4: Information, Instruction, Training And Supervision
Topic 5: Investigation Of Accidents And Incidents
Summary and Assessment