Managing Health and Safety in Healthcare - Chemical Agent Hazards
This course aims to provide healthcare line managers and department heads with an introduction to managing occupational health and safety. The full course consists of six modules and is suitable for all healthcare settings.
This module, Module 4, introduces you to Chemical Agent Hazards in Healthcare. It can be studied as a stand alone module or as part of the full course.
Module 4 is split into three topics:
- Topic 1: Chemical Agent Hazards,
- Topic 2: Chemical Risk Assessment, and
- Topic 3: Implementing Control Measures.
Please note that the module is intended as an overview and may need to be supplemented by more specific training and / or specialised advice.
At the end of this module you should be able to:
- identify chemical agent hazards that exist in the healthcare environment
- identify ways in which healthcare employees are exposed to chemical agents in the workplace
- outline the steps involved in a chemical risk assessment, and
- describe measures used to safeguard healthcare employees from the effects of hazardous chemicals.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results
Modules List( 1 )
1 Managing Health and Safety in Healthcare - Chemical Agent Hazards
This course presents learners with an overview of chemicals, how people can be exposed to them in the workplace and how to assess and control exposure to them. The content is suitable across all healthcare settings and provides concise practical strategies for everyday use.
Module Outline (Introduction)
Topic 1: Chemical Agent Hazards
Topic 2: Chemical Risk Assessment
Topic 3: Implementing Control Measures
Summary and Assessment