Diploma in Software Testing
CertificationView course modules
This Diploma in Software Testing course starts with an overview of software testing concepts. Next, you will learn the most efficient time testing should start in the software development life cycle in order to save resources. You will then learn the difference between verification and validation processes of testing. You will also become familiar with the strengths, weaknesses, and faults in a program in the V model and fault model.
Next, you will learn the different types of functional testing like the unit, integration, black box, white box, system, and regression. Black box test design techniques such as special value testing, combination testing, decision table-based testing, pair-wise or all-pairs testing methods are also discussed in detail. Moreover, you will learn the different white box testing techniques, including modified condition and decision coverage testing (MC/DC) and path testing.
This course will help you master the different techniques, and tools used in testing software. You will learn to identify which one is best to use in a particular test case as well as when to use it during the software development life cycle. This will enable you to save your company time, effort, money, and other resources while ensuring the quality of software products being tested. So, enrol now and get on your way to becoming an expert in testing software.Start Course Now
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe the different levels of testing software;
- Discuss means of reducing bugs in your software program;
- Distinguish the verification and validation process in software testing;
- Describe the pesticide effect in testing software;
- Describe unit testing and when it is performed;
- Identify the main approaches to designing a test case;
- Discuss the use of equivalence class testing;
- Explain special value testing;
- Describe the process of Boundary Value Analysis testing;
- List three strategies for combinatorial testing;
- Describe the Decision table-base testing and it usefulness;
- Explain pair-wise testing;
- Discuss White-box testing and its types of strategies;
- Discuss the different types of condition coverage testing;
- Describe Modified condition and decision coverage testing;
- Explain path coverage testing and creation of control-flow graphs;
- Discuss Dataflow testing;
- Describe mutation testing and identify its drawbacks;
- Describe different integration testing approaches;
- Discuss different system testing methods and their categories;
- Explain the use and importance of regression testing;
- Discuss why Object-Oriented programming was supposed to make testing easier than procedural programming;
- List the differences for testing an Object-Oriented program compared to a Procedural program;
- Describe the Object-Oriented programming methods that can cause issues for testing.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.
2 years ago
Fun and Hard
2 years ago
I learned a lot!
2 years ago
2 years ago
Best instruction with the best instructor. Thank you, Alison, for your great effort to give me this opportunity.