The Diploma in Plumbing Studies is a course which is designed for anyone who wants to learn about modern-day plumbing.
Plumbers are responsible for installing safe and efficient plumbing systems, which reduces the spread of diseases and improves sanitation. In order to do this, a sound understanding of plumbing pipes, tools, and materials; knowledge of the trade and the current practices it promotes is an essential requirement.
Divided into two sections, the first section of the course begins with an introduction to plumbing, where a brief history of plumbing from the ancient to the modern times is discussed. This is followed by topics such as safety practices, hazard communication, plumbing tools, and drawings.
The second section of the course looks into the materials that are used to make plumbing pipes and fixtures. It discusses the features and the advantages as well as the disadvantages of using materials such as plastic, cast iron, carbon steel. This section also covers the topics on drainage systems and water distribution systems.
This Diploma course will be of great interest to professionals who want to learn about plumbing. Learners who are interested in knowing how plumbing systems work and the advancements made in the trade will also benefit from the information provided in the course.
Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of plumbing as a profession;
- List the typical skill set of a plumber;
- Discuss the personal protective equipment, the safety signs, and the basic tool safety practices adopted and used by plumbers on a job site;
- Describe the various types of tools used for measuring and layout, leveling, cutting, drilling, assembling, and holding pipes and fittings;
- State the various types of drawings used by plumbers;
- Explain the advantages and the disadvantages of using materials such as plastic, copper, cast iron, carbon steel, and CSST for plumbing pipes and fittings;
- List the major components of a drainage system;
- Cite the health issues related to the improper installation and maintenance of DWV systems;
- Outline the water purification process in water treatment plants.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.