Diploma in Design Thinking
CertificationView course modules
This free online design thinking course will introduce you to people-centered design and problem discovery. You will learn about the seven mindsets for designers, how there is more to design than aesthetics, and the perceived value that people place on what they see. Next, you will learn how to examine and reflect on design problems. You will also study design research, design analysis, and how to generate ideas that will take the world by storm.
You will then learn how to create storyboards to visualize your concept and to help you with your design process. You will also learn about prototyping and how it can help your design development. You will then study usability testing, how and with whom it should be carried out, and how to debrief and record your results. Finally, you will learn about the design rationale and how to create a great pitch for your design.
Innovative products make our lives easier and save us a lot of time. This free online design thinking course will be very useful to professionals who are working, or want to work, in the areas of product and service design, and will guide them through the main techniques and methodologies that designers use during the design process. So why wait? Start the course today, and in a few short hours you'll have gained a fantastic new skill and set of knowledge!Start Course Now
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Discuss design thinking for creative problem solving.
- Describe mindsets for designers. - Explain people centred design.
- Describe how to reflect on a problem when designing.
- Explain how to explore a problem and analyse it.
- Discuss user research for designing your product/service.
- Explain the difference between market research and design research.
- Describe how to frame questions for interviewing users.
- Explain how to create a persona to help represent your users.
- Describe the use of insight statements and a design strategy statement.
- Describe methods for innovation and generating ideas.
- Discuss idea generation techniques and questions to ask.
- Describe the process of bundling your ideas to create a concept.
- Explain how scenarios and storyboards help articulate and visualise your design.
- Describe how prototyping is a powerful tool for designing.
- Describe the importance of usability testing.
- Explain why you should have users evaluate your design.
- Explain design freedom and prototype fidelity.
- Discuss why you should record your results from usability testing.
- Explain the purpose of pitching your design.
- Describe what a design rationale is.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.
2 years ago
I highly recommend this course for product and graphic designers because the lessons are highly informative.