Productivity and Waste Management - Lean and Environmental Perspectives
In this free online course learn about waste and productivity from environmental and lean perspectives.Publisher: S. M. Waqas Imam
CertificaciónVer los módulos del curso
In this free online course Productivity and Waste Management - Lean and Environmental Perspectives, you will learn about waste and productivity in terms of two popular concepts i.e. lean and environmental perspectives. The course discusses the types of environmental wastes, the types of lean wastes, sub-classification within lean waste which is Muda, and it also discusses TIMWOODs philosophy.
The course begins with an introduction to waste related to lean and environmental considerations. Then it discusses the environmental wastes and lean deviations. The subsequent topics discuss lean wastes as Muda. You'll learn about environmental wastes such as solid and liquid waste and other important types. Next, it discusses the importance of waste management along with the tools employed within lean and environmental systems.
Whether you work in Operational Excellence or an Environmental department, or you're considering working in any of the two as a future career, or if you’re a professional seeking to learn about the different waste management tools, then this clear and simple course is for you. Understanding these core concepts is of vital importance for all professionals working in any industry. So, start this course today and in just 2 hours you’ll learn valuable skills related to lean and environmental wastes.Inicio Curso Ahora
Perspectives to Waste Management
Perspectives to Waste Management - Learning Outcomes
Lean and Environmental Perspective on Waste
Lean Productivity Wastes
Perspectives to Waste Management - Lesson Summary
Tools for Lean and Environmental Waste Management
Tools for Lean and Environmental Waste Management - Learning Outcomes
Managing Lean Wastes
Managing Environmental Wastes
Tools for Lean and Environmental Waste Management - Lesson Summary
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Elaborate the environmental and lean perspective on waste
- Discuss the different types of environmental waste
- List the different types of lean waste
- Explain Muri, Mura and Muda
- Explain the environmental waste types such as liquid waste, solid waste, hazardous, bio-medical and agricultural waste etc.
- List important Lean concepts of waste management
- Elaborate the 5S housekeeping tool, Gemba and standardized work to manage lean wastes
- Determine the usefulness of Gemba walk and A3 process in order to identify and remove lean waste
- Discuss the easiest way for hazardous waste management for companies, and the attributes of approved waste managing company
- Explain waste management tools such as landfills management, the 3R concept
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results