Psychology is a science and it studies both human behavior and how the human mind works at both conscious and unconscious levels of thought. Psychologists research individuals and groups which helps them formulate general principles and theories.
Alison's Diploma in Psychology is an engaging course, and is packed with features to help you understand and evaluate classic and contemporary psychology. Topics covered include classical conditioning, learning theory, the biological basis of behavior, visual perceptions, memory, and cognition. The Research Methodology section allows you to cast a critical eye on the research process, to explore the nature of psychology as an evolving science, and understand some of the ethical issues faced by psychologists.
This course will be of great interest to all learners who would like to learn more about key concepts and theories in psychology, or those who like to pursue psychology as a career.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the differences between classical conditioning and operant conditioning.
- Define the terms related to sleep research.
- Discuss the different states of consciousness.
- Discuss perception and the characteristics of the visual sensory system.
- List the different factors influencing depth perception.
- Define conditions which affect sight in old age.
- Define terms associated with memory.
- Discuss research methodologies in relation to psychology.
- Define the correct way to reference different sources.
Todos los cursos de Alison son gratuitos. Para superar un curso con éxito tienes que lograr una marca del 80% o superior en la Evaluación. Agrega valor a tu logro adquiriendo el Diploma o Certificado oficial de Alison.
Obtener el documento oficial de Alison is una buena forma de compartir tu éxito. Además es:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results