Being an effective teacher requires a variety of skill but one of the most important is instructional planning.
Alison’s course, Instructional Planning for Successful Teaching, will help you to understand US national and state learning standards as well as curriculum frameworks and guides. With this understanding, you can learn how to formulate educational objectives which are specific and measurable. You will learn about Bloom’s taxonomy, which is a cornerstone of modern teaching. Furthermore, you will learn how to use your students' interests and abilities to formulate lessons, and much more.
This course will be of great interest to all educators and trainers who want to learn more about effective teaching skills and how to apply them in an educational setting.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Select the general learning goals and formulate objectives for your class.
- Structure and correctly use a curriculum framework and curriculum guide.
- Describe Bloom's taxonomy of educational objectives, and its revised form.
- Practice differentiated instruction in your classroom.
- Call on a variety of resources to enhance students’ learning.
- Use modeling to demonstrate a desired behavior or to represent an important theory.
- Encourage students to recall what they already know about a new material being learned.
- Anticipate preconceptions of students and respectfully remove misconceptions.
- Help students make the transition from practice that is relatively guided to practice that is relatively independent.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.