In this course you will learn about the functions and practical uses of conjunctions and prepositions; use of subjects + verbs; synonyms and antonyms; using nouns and pronouns; joining clauses together; using words/phrases to talk about events in time; how some events depend on other events; using words/phrases to refer to states and outcomes; examples of conjunctions which are conditional/if statements; describing situations when two things happen at the same time or one event follows another event; using words/phrases to describe things that happen over longer periods of time; use of verbs to predict the future, making suggestions, saying how we feel and making comparisons; use of formal expressions; use of adjectives; talking about how long something is/takes (time/distance); time phrases; use of the present form to talk about the future.
Learn more about Alison's English Language Vertical.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain how conjunctions provide extra information in sentences.
- Describe how conjunctions are used to give us information, make comparisons, predict the future and make suggestions.
- List examples of using nouns, pronouns and -ing words with conjunctions.
- Relate which prepositions we use to talk about time, distance and states.
- State which words and phrases are used to describe preparing for something that is unlikely to happen.
- Review why we use the present form of the verb to talk about the future.
- Analyse which words/phrases we use to talk about why we did something in the past or what we should do in the future.
- Trace how certain words/phrases refer to states or outcomes that depend on other factors.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.