CertificationView course modules
In thiscourse, English Grammar and Vocabulary - Fashion (Advanced Level), you will learn vocabulary for describing how people dress; commonly used vocabulary for talking about fashion; idioms related to fashion and clothes; language for talking about the fashion industry; some of the issues the fashion industry faces; language used for emphasizing; inversions; exclamations with 'what' and 'how'; language used for reducing effect (downtoners).
Learn more about Alison's English Language Vertical.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Review the language used for describing the way people dress.
- Justify the correct downtoner for the context given.
- State the correct use of emphasizers for talking about how long it has been since something happened.
- Review the structure of inversions and how they are used.
- Summarize the correct expression for the given emphatic sentence.
- Analyse the difference in meanings between different downtoners.
- Explain the correct use of exclamations with 'what' or 'how'.
- Explain which fashion related idiom is most appropriate in the given context.
- Trace the meaning of certain expressions and how they are used.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.