CertificationView course modules
In this Upper-Intermediate Level English Course - Word Forms you will learn how prefixes and suffixes are used to form new words from other words. There is a strong focus on adjectives in this course - how they are formed and their functions. In addition to studying vocabulary and grammar, you will learn about the importance of describing your feelings in English. This course includes tasks, listening, speaking practice and reading exercises.
Learn more about Alison's English Language Vertical.Start Course Now
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define what suffixes are and explain how they are used.
- Explain what gerunds are, define their form and prove how they are used in the same way as nouns.
- Describe how adjectives are formed using other words and explain the role of suffixes (morphemes).
- Summarize how we add letters (prefixes) to the beginning of words to make adjectives.
- Outline the meaning of sympathy in communication skills and be able to provide examples.
- Analyse how listening and speaking (including tone and pitch) plays an important part in communicating with others.
- Justify why being able to talk about and understand feelings is an important part of communicating in English.
- Trace how certain verbs change their form to become different words with different meanings.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.