CertificationView course modules
In this Upper-Intermediate Level English Course - Clauses and Modifiers you will study how adverbs are used with adjectives as intensifiers and modifiers. You will learn useful phrases for describing things. You will study relative clauses (defining and non-defining) and see how relative pronouns such as which, where and when are used in sentences.
This course covers relative clauses relating to people, places, things, possessions and time. In addition you will learn about countable and uncountable nouns including the use of quantifiers and plural words. You will study real-life practical examples to improve your language skills.
In this course there is a guide to effective reading skills to improve your speed and efficiency. There is a section on intonation and sounding polite in social situations. Finally you will practice using the verb 'take' in phrases with different meanings.
Learn more about Alison's English Language Vertical.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to use intensifiers to emphasize and modify adjectives.
- List useful questions and phrases for asking about and describing things.
- Define the two types of relative clauses and how commas are used.
- Show how different relative pronouns are used for different purposes.
- Review the two types of nouns with regard to their function as quantifiers.
- Prove how some words and phrases are used with either countable or uncountable nouns.
- Relate some techniques for improving your reading ability.
- Be able to comment on the importance of intonation with regard to sounding polite.
- Provide examples of using the verb 'take' in phrases with different meanings.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.