CertificationView course modules
To start the course will introduce you to the Enchant.js game engine and the Apache Cordova platform, how to create characters and maps for your game and add different systems. You will also learn how to document properly and about plans. You will learn about the different techniques used to develop characters, using Enchants and adding collisions. Next, you will be taught about creating inventory systems for player characters, along with learning about getting the player to interact with non-player characters (NPCs).
This course will also teach you to create shop menu and different interaction systems for the player character. Then you will learn about using enchantments in combat scenarios for the player to fight enemy NPCs. You will learn how to add sound effects, setting up a menu system, end game screen, and adding magic to game's battle system.
The course also looks at Azure websites and multiplayer features to connect players to the server. You will learn about further ideas to expand and develop a game.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe how to create and setup a map for your game.
- Describe how to load sprites and other images into your game.
- Describe how to add a playable character to your game.
- Describe how to set collision in your game.
- Recognize the process of creating an inventory system in a video game.
- Identify how to debug using the developer tools in web browsers.
- Recognize the process of creating basic NPC interaction in a video game.
- Discuss the process of creating a shop in a video game.
- Describe how enchant scene stack works.
- Recognise the process of setting up a battle system in a video game.
- Identify how attacks are triggered in a video game battle system.
- Explain ideas for extending your video game.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Diploma course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Diploma course, you have the option to acquire official Certification, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certification is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive to you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certification for completed Diploma courses:
Digital Diploma - a downloadable Diploma in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
Framed Diploma - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Diploma in a stylish frame that is posted to you (with FREE standard shipping worldwide)
All Certification is available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certification, please visit our faqs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certification, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certification pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.