CertificationView course modules
The second half of the course begins with an explanation of Collision Detection, and how it can be used to detect when a player is hit. This is quickly followed by tutorials on creating a scoring system, as well as the ability to reset the game. The course proceeds to give detailed demonstrations of how the opponent logic could be created, and how to ensure the movements and shooting appear natural. The course concludes with a code recap and a tutorial on how the game can be fully automated.
Introduction and Adding Game Movements
Introduction and Adding Game Movements – Learning Outcomes
Introduction and Setup
Movement and Animation
Introduction and Adding Game Movements – Lesson Summary
Collision Detection, Opponent Logic and Game Tweaks
Collision Detection, Opponent Logic & Game Tweaks – Learning Outcomes
Collision Detection and Game Tweaks
Opponent Logic and Conclusion
Collision Detection, Opponent Logic & Game Tweaks – Lesson Summary
By the end of this course, you will be able to;
- Explain the process of drawing Circles and Rectangles using Canvas.
- Recall the process of drawing paths using Canvas.
- Discuss the process of moving elements on a webpage, in response to user input.
- Describe the process of making smooth animations with Canvas-drawn elements.
- Define Collision Detection.
- Explain the process of registering a hit, and updating the player score.
- Describe the process of adding the 'reset' functionality to the web game.
- Discuss the importance of using dynamically generated values for web objects.
- Explain the process of creating the movement logic for the opponent player.
- Describe the process needed to make the opponent move towards the player, and away from bullets.
All Alison courses are free to enrol, study and complete. To successfully complete this Certificate course and become an Alison Graduate, you need to achieve 80% or higher in each course assessment. Once you have completed this Certificate course, you have the option to acquire an official Certificate, which is a great way to share your achievement with the world. Your Alison Certificate is:
Ideal for sharing with potential employers - include it in your CV, professional social media profiles and job applications
An indication of your commitment to continuously learn, upskill and achieve high results
An incentive for you to continue empowering yourself through lifelong learning
Alison offers 3 types of Certificates for completed Certificate courses:
Digital Certificate - a downloadable Certificate in PDF format, immediately available to you when you complete your purchase
Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate, posted to you with FREE shipping
Framed Certificate - a physical version of your officially branded and security-marked Certificate in a stylish frame, posted to you with FREE shipping
All Certificates are available to purchase through the Alison Shop. For more information on purchasing Alison Certificates, please visit our FAQs. If you decide not to purchase your Alison Certificate, you can still demonstrate your achievement by sharing your Learner Record or Learner Achievement Verification, both of which are accessible from your Dashboard. For more details on our Certificate pricing, please visit our Pricing Page.