Caregiving Skills - Dementia Care
Learn more about the caregiving skills you need for working effectively with clients who are suffering from dementia.Publisher: Advance Learning
Share This Course And
CertificaçãoView course modules
This course starts by discussing the symptoms of dementia, including a decline in memory, thinking, and reasoning. You will learn that patients suffering from dementia have difficulty communicating, recognizing people and places, and engaging in activities. There is also a change in their personality, mood, and behavior. Alzheimer’s disease is progressive and irreversible and is the most common form of dementia. You will learn the importance of its early diagnosis and recognition of symptoms for proper care.
You will then look into Fronto-Temporal Dementia which is caused by reduced blood flow to parts of the brain, often due to tiny strokes which block small arteries. The course will also discuss the Lewy Body Dementia which is caused by the abnormal protein deposits called Lewy bodies that are left in the brain. You will also learn that caregivers - whether professionals or family members - must take steps to safeguard their own health and well-being when caring for people with dementia.
The number of people living with dementia worldwide is currently estimated at 47.5 million, and is projected to increase to 75.6 million by 2030. If you are formally employed in the caregiving industry, or simply provide care to an elderly relative or loved one, you will more than likely encounter dementia at some stage. By taking this course, you will learn how to properly care for these people. That's an incredible skill to learn. So why wait? Check out your next course, today.Iniciar Curso Agora
Module 1: Understanding Dementia
Understanding Dementia - Learning Outcomes
What is Dementia?
Defining Alzheimer's Disease
The Philosophy of Dementia Care
Working With Patients’ Families
Understanding Dementia - Lesson Summary
Module 2: Working with Clients with Dementia
Working with Clients with Dementia - Learning Outcomes
Communicating with Clients with Dementia
Behavioral Traits of Clients with Dementia
Planning Activities for Clients with Dementia
Working with Clients with Dementia - Lesson Summary
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Define and differentiate various forms of dementia and their symptoms
- Describe the symptoms of early, mild and late stages of Alzheimer’s disease
- Summarise a range of problem behaviors that are associated with Alzheimer’s disease and describe how to treat them
- Develop skills to help families when a loved one has been diagnosed with dementia
- Describe common behavioral traits exhibited by people with dementia and discuss effective ways to treat them
- Discuss the importance of providing a variety of activities to patients with dementia, on a day-to-day basis
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma , Certificado ou PDF da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados