Order now and get FREE standard shipping!Order now
1.1. These are the terms and conditions governing the use of https://alison.com, (the Website) and the agreement that operates between us and you (the Terms). The Website is owned and operated by Alison (us/our/we) and these Terms set out the rights and obligations of all users (you/your) in relation to your use of the Website. Please read carefully these Terms and our Privacy Statement. By using the Website you are consenting to be bound by the then current Terms and our Privacy Statement. We may revise the Terms and information contained on the Website at any time and without notice. If you do not agree to these Terms or the Privacy Statement, please refrain from using the Website.
1.2. If you have any questions about the Terms or the Privacy Statement, please contact us at Alison, Level One Building, Galway Technology Park, Parkmore, Galway, Ireland.
2.1. The material contained within the courses on the Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Alison does not represent that information contained on or available via the Website is accurate or complete and accordingly it should not be relied on as such. You should not rely on any such information. Any arrangements made between you and any other person, using or named on the Website are entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
2.2. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- 2.2.1. all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- 2.2.2. any liability for loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any material posted on it;
- 2.2.3. any liability for any bugs or faults in our systems or tools; and
- 2.2.4. any liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
2.3. Nothing in this section affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
3.1. In order to obtain access to certain services provided via the Website you will be required to register on the Website. To do this you will have to provide personally identifiable information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number. You can choose not to provide this information, however, you might not be able to gain access to our services or purchase products from our Website. If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3.2. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the Website including any personal information, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. Such personal information is not covered by these Terms and Conditions.
3.3. We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes [or until such time as you deactivate your account]. We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
3.4. The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. As no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk. We endeavour to use the appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to secure the confidentiality of your personal data, to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of such personal data, and to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access and to otherwise protect the security of such personal data.
3.5. We shall not face any liability in the event of our system being hacked and personal information being stolen.
4.1. Users have a requirement to treat other learners with respect.
4.2. Users must not make any comments towards other users or Alison staff/administrators that:
- 4.2.1. Contain any material which is defamatory of any other person;
- 4.2.2. Breach the data protection or privacy rights of any person;
- 4.2.3. Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- 4.2.4. Promote sexually explicit material;
- 4.2.5. Promote violence;
- 4.2.6. Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- 4.2.7. Infringe any patent, copyright, database right, trademark or other intellectual property right of any other person;
- 4.2.8. Is likely to deceive any other person;
- 4.2.9. Is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- 4.2.10. Promote any illegal activity;
- 4.2.11. Is threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- 4.2.12. Is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- 4.2.13. Is used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- 4.2.14. Gives the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- 4.2.15. Advocates, promotes or assists any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
5. Limits of Use
5.1. You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- 5.1.1. In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- 5.1.2. In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- 5.1.3. To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our [content standards];
- 5.1.4. To download any content from courses;
- 5.1.5. To transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
5.2. You also agree:
- 5.2.1. Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of the provisions of these Terms;
- 5.2.2. Not to use ad-blocking software;
- 5.2.3. Not to charge others for the use of Alison unless in specific written agreement with Alison;
- 5.2.4. Not to reuse text or graphics from the Website or parts thereof.
We retain discretion to deactivate your account and access to the Website services at any time for any reason whatsoever at our absolute discretion.
You can deactivate your account at any time, but Alison shall maintain course tracking history in our database.
7. Use of Data
7.1. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 7.1.1. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 7.1.2. To use it in data analytics and transfer to our operated systems for this purposes;
- 7.1.3. To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- 7.1.4. To conduct marketing analysis;
- 7.1.5. In the event that you are selected as "Learner of the Day" or "Learner of the Month", you agree to your details and responses being used in Alison marketing on Alison community pages; and
- 7.1.6. When a learner submits a testimonial or comment, they give permission for Alison to use that on the Alison website, community and in marketing material.
9.1. You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any breach by you of these General Terms and Conditions.
Product Terms and Conditions
Study Groups Terms & Conditions (Study Groups is a free LMS to manage groups of learners, with some paid add on services) The following are the Terms and Conditions associated with the use of Study Groups:
- Free services may be changed to paid services at the discretion of Alison. In such event service will remain free for user until end of current annual renewal and no longer.
- There will be no refund on early termination of paid add on services. It is at the discretion of Alison as to whether a discount may be given on changed add on service.
- ALISION will have no liability for lost data, tracking or unavailable site or services.
- Messaging as part of the study group service shall not be used to intimidate, abuse, insult learners.
- Users will be liable to indemnify Alison from liability for any intimidation or experienced from Study Group admin or other learners.
- Alison may suspend without refund any user/group admin without exception who is found to be intimidating any other user of on Alison, any user sending profanities.
- Learners may not be charged for taking learning as part of a Study Group, either directly or indirectly.
- Fair usage of Alison Study Groups is assumed, and where a user is causing a disproportionate draw on Alison systems a Study Group may be suspended or withdrawn.
- Users may not use profanity in Study Group naming.
- Once a user is added to a Study Group that is a single user license used up, removal of the user does not create a new user license.
- Once a training course is added to a Study Group that is a single course license used up, removal of the course does not create a new course license.
- A learner registering on Alison as part of an Alison Study Group is separately a member of the Alison Free Learning Community. The instigator of the registration has no rights to the learner with regards to the usage of the site or otherwise.
- All General Terms and Conditions (above) are also agreed to.
Refer A Friend
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to Alison’s Refer a Friend programme (“Programme”). By referring a friend, acting on a referral, using the Programme, or otherwise participating in the Programme, the referring user and/or referred friend agree to be bound by these Terms.
The individual who was issued a RAF unique link by Alison will be considered to be the "Referring User" for all Qualified Referrals made using that RAF unique link.
To be eligible for rewards through the RAF, a Referring User must have a Confirmed Alison account.
The Referring User can share their RAF unique link on social media accounts, email or any other form of communication available to them.
To obtain a referral reward, the Referring User must refer a Qualified Referred Friend.
To be considered a Qualified Referred Friend, the Referred Friend cannot have previously registered on Alison
Referring Users will receive a reward associated with the Programme once three (3) Qualified Referred Friends register successfully on Alison using the unique referral link associated to their account, and each Qualified Referred Friend completes a course on Alison within thirty (30) days of their registration.
A Referring User will not receive a reward if their referrals: are not considered Qualified Friends for any reason, (including if the Referred Friend does not satisfy the requirements to be considered a Qualified Friend); do not register on Alison using your unique referral link; do not complete a course within thirty (30) days of registering on Alison
Referring Users will be notified by email within 24 hours of becoming eligible for their reward.
The Stats Page can be used by Referring Users to keep track of their Qualified Referred Friends progress. Please note: the Stats Page can take up to 24 hours to refresh with updated progress.
A Referring User should honour all requests to stop referrals or communications about the Programme.
A Referring User should not engage in any misleading, deceptive, annoying, or harassing practices with respect to referrals or Programme communications.
A Qualified Referred Friend will receive a reward associated with the programme on successful registration on Alison when they use the referral link sent to them by a Referring User. A Referred Friend is only entitled to receive one (1) reward as a Referred Friend.
The rewards associated with the Programme are not cash and cannot be exchanged for cash.
Offer not valid and rewards are not payable for self-referrals and fraudulent transactions. Alison reserves the right to stop any user from using our services who we believe is using a referral campaign in an unethical manner.
Spam and the use of Purchased or harvested lists is prohibited and will result in immediate termination of the Referring User’s account and deactivation of RAF links.
Alison reserves the right to cancel, alter, amend, suspend, withdraw or terminate the Refer A Friend Programme or to change these terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion.
This Refer A Friend (RAF) offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
The Programme and these terms and conditions will be governed by Irish Law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland (Ireland).