English Course - Information in the Present (Elementary level)
Learn how to use English words, phrases, and sentences in the Present tense, with this free English grammar course.Publisher: Advance Learning
Share This Course And
CertificaciónVer los módulos del curso
What is a collocation? Collocations are words that go together to make phrases, specifically verb-noun phrases such as 'read books' and 'wear shoes'. In this free English grammar course, you will learn how to use the auxiliary verbs 'Do' and Don't' correctly, as well as how to use the Present simple to talk about things that are always true, routines, and habits. You will then learn how to use the conjunctions 'and', 'but' and 'or' in English sentences.
Next, you will learn the rules for using the suffixes 's', 'es', and 'ies' and study the correct usage of the English auxiliary verb 'have'. You will learn how to tell the time correctly in English as well as write them in the correct form. This course will also teach you the correct prepositions to use for telling the day, the part of the day, and the hour in English. You will also learn how to express that you like and don't like different things.
By the end of this free online English course, elementary level English learners will be able to use the correct form of the present simple tense, talk about the things you own, and speak about your likes and dislikes. This will be really helpful for getting your English conversations going. The interactive learning content and audio recordings by native speakers - which you can access anytime, anywhere - will further develop your reading and listening skills. So why wait? Improve your English, today!
Information in the Present
Elementary Level English Course - Information in the Present: Learning Outcomes
Collocations and Verbs
Discussing the Present
Information: asking and answering
Like and don't like
Elementary Level English - Information in the Present: Course Summary
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define Collocations and how they are used. List some common verb-noun phrases
- Explain how to improve your vocabulary
- Describe how to use verbs such as 'do' and 'like' in positive and negative sentences
- Justify how to ask questions and give answers correctly
- Prove how conjunctions are used in sentences to do with habits or routines
- Relate how suffixes are used with words in different Present simple statements
- Review how to say different times properly in English
- State different phrases and sentences that can be used for liking and disliking something
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results