- Saudi-based learners prioritise language skills and workplace skills
- 42% of Saudi site visits come from mobile devices
- Riyadh leads the way in online learning, followed by Mecca
Galway, Ireland – March 3rd 2017: Alison, one of world’s largest free e-learning platforms, today announced that the site now has more than 100,000 learners based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Workplace skills and spoken English courses are the most popular courses with learners in KSA, the organization revealed today.
“We’re thrilled to have reached this milestone”, said Mike Feerick, Founder and CEO of Alison, “We have always maintained strong links with the GCC, including creating bespoke courses aimed at educating immigrants to Saudi and its neighbours on local culture and language skills”.
Women make up 36% of visitors from Saudi Arabia, while geographically the largest proportion of Saudi-based learners are in Riyadh, closely followed by Mecca and the Eastern province. In keeping with Saudi’s young population, the majority (61%) of Saudi’s Alison learners are aged between 18 and 35 years old.
Unsurprisingly given the country’s love of smartphones, around 42% of visits to Alison from Saudi come from Apple and Android devices. Andy Madigan, Head of Technology at Alison, said: “With a brand-new website set to launch in the coming weeks and the introduction of an app to follow shortly after, Saudi learners can look forward to an enhanced and optimised mobile learning experience in the very near future.”
Top 10 most popular Alison courses in KSA
- Introduction to Conversational English (available here)
- Diploma in Project Management (available here)
- Diploma in Human Resources (available here)
- English Vocabulary and Pronunciation (available here)
- Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health (available here)
- Diploma in Operations Management (available here)
- Achieving Personal Success (available here)
- Basic Study Skills (available here)
- Customer Service Training (available here)
- Introduction to Time Management (available here)