Introduction to Valuation and Investing - Revised
Gain a better understanding of valuation and investment as well as income statements, balance sheets, and stocks.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificaçãoView course modules
This course begins by introducing you to the core concepts of of valuation and investment. Valuation is the process of determining the present value of an asset and can be done on assets or on liabilities while investing is the allocation of money with the expectation of gaining some benefits in the future. To help you better understand the concepts, you will first study balance sheets and income statements, depreciation and amortization, and stocks.
You will then learn to identify good stocks from bad stocks, study the components of a balance sheet, the Return on Assets and Return on Equity, and the use of metrics such as EBIT and EBITDA to assess the risk in an investment. Finally, you will look into the roles of sell-side and buy-side analysts and learn how Enterprise Value can be a better indicator than P/E in determining the value of a business.
Many people would like to know how to go about valuing stocks and shares and investing in the stock market but the terminology and concepts can be confusing and intimidating. With this free online Introduction to Valuation and Investing course, you will gain a better understanding of investments in stocks and shares in general as well as the concepts and strategies behind investing. Start this course today to learn more about investing in the stock market.Start Course Now
Introduction to Valuation and Investing
Introduction to Valuation and Investing - Learning Outcomes
Price and Market Capitalization
Introduction to the Income Statement
Earnings and EPS
Introduction to the Price-to-Earnings Ratio
ROA Discussion 1
ROA Discussion 2
Introduction to Valuation and Investing - Lesson Summary
Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- Analyze balance sheets and income statements
- Outline what depreciation and amortization are
- Identify good stocks from bad stocks on a basic level
- List the components of a balance sheet
- Define Return on Assets and Return on Equity
- Use metrics such as EBIT and EBITDA to assess risk in an investment
- Describe the roles of sell-side and buy-side analysts
- Discuss how Enterprise Value can be better indicator than P/E at determining the value of a business
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma , Certificado ou PDF da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados