Introduction to Engineering System Design & Processes
In this system design course, learn how the components of a system interrelate and contribute to a project’s goals.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificaçãoView course modules
An Introduction to Engineering System Design & Processes is an introductory course on Engineering System Design. The purpose of this course is to establish a basic understanding of Systems Engineering and the role it plays in the design process. Learn how systems engineering can be applied to any system development, whether you are developing a household appliance, building an airplane, or implementing a sophisticated transit management system.
This course will discuss all the disciplines and specialty groups that form a structured development process that proceeds from concept to production and finally through to operation. It considers both the business and the technical needs of all customers with the goal of providing a quality product. Finally, you will look at the classification of various systems, the role system engineers play, especially in the design of a system, the requirement analysis and the six functions of the design process.
This system design course is suitable for anyone who wants to find out how complex systems can be developed and implemented successfully. It is relevant to anyone considering a career in project management, engineering, QA, logistic support, operations, management, maintenance and other areas. It enhances professional credibility, extends knowledge and skills; and prepares you for more job responsibilities. Why wait, start this course today and advance your career!Start Course Now
Introduction to System Design & Processes
Introduction to System Design & Processes Learning Outcomes
An Overview of Principles of Engineering System Design
Engineering Systems Classification
Modern System Design Processes
Six Functions of Design Process
Introduction to System Design & Processes Lesson Summary
System Requirement and Development
System Requirement and Development - Learning Outcomes
Tools for Enabling Creative Development
System Requirement Analysis
Originating Requirements: Example System Engineering Software
System Requirement and Development Lesson Summary
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain why we need to have system engineering as a
- Define the concept system engineering and the basic principles of a system.
- Describe stage gate process, spiral process and the system vee process.
- Recognize the economic impact of the design process.
- List the phases in the life cycle and the phases which affect the economics of a project.
- Discuss the different tools for enabling creative development.
- State how to build a good team and how to evaluate the performance of a good team.
- Identify aspects of team building and team formation.
- Indicate how to use Myers-Briggs type indicator to effectively allocate responsibilities in a team.
- Identify how to classify and partition requirements into different categories.
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma , Certificado ou PDF da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados