English Grammar - Phrasal Verbs (Intermediate level)
Learn about English phrasal verbs and their meanings with this free online intermediate English grammar course.Publisher: Advance Learning
CertificaçãoView course modules
This English course on phrasal verbs will first teach you how phrasal verbs are constructed in the format of verb + preposition such as 'go off' and 'take over'. You will learn that many phrasal verbs such as 'wake up' have more than one meaning. The course will then teach you how to use phrasal verbs in Simple, Continuous and Past tenses. You will also learn that some prepositions are used for movement and that certain words change the meaning of the verb.
Next, you will learn that you may sometimes use more than one preposition with a phrasal verb and that many phrasal verbs use the words 'in' and 'out' with different meanings. The course will teach you how to use 'into' instead of 'in' when you talk about something going into something else. The course will also cover the phrasal verbs 'fill in', 'fill out', 'with in', and 'with out'. Finally, you will study the multiple meanings and uses of 'up, 'down', 'on' and 'off' in phrasal verbs.
Phrasal verbs are both very common in English conversations but also very confusing for people who don't understand them. This is why studying phrasal verbs is very important if you want to really improve in your English skills. They will help you sound more fluent, understand more of the English around you, and give you more confidence in your English ability. That's not bad for a free online English course. So why wait? Start the course now, and continue your English development today.
Intermediate Level English Grammar - Phrasal Verbs: Learning Outcomes
Objects and Prepositions
Verb + out
Up and down
Intermediate Level English Grammar - Phrasal Verbs: Course Summary
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Review how some prepositions such as: over, in, up, are used for movement and be able to give examples
- Prove how the second word in the Phrasal verb changes the meaning of the verb
- Explain why we sometimes we use more than one preposition in a Phrasal verb
- Describe how sentences with Phrasal verbs include objects (first, second and third persons)
- Outline why we use into instead of in and provide examples
- Relate why we can say fill in or fill out regarding the completion of surveys and forms
- Justify why Phrasal verbs with 'out' have multiple meanings and be able to show examples
- Summarize the multiple meanings and uses of verb + up/down and why verb + up/down is one of the most frequently used Phrasal verbs
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma , Certificado ou PDF da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados