Diploma in Structural Dynamics for Civil Engineers - SDOF Systems
In this free online course, learn about the modelling and systems analysis involved in Structural Dynamics.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificaçãoView course modules
In this free online Structural Dynamics for Civil Engineers course, you will be introduced to the world of structural dynamics, where you will explore the behavior of structures under varying or dynamic loads over time. Calculations, illustrations, discussions, examples and assessment questions in this video-based course, provide you with a comprehensive foundation in the subject.
The course begins by introducing you to the fundamentals of structural dynamics. You will then explore the differences between static and dynamic analysis and how to model a dynamic system. The course also teaches you about undamped free vibrations, damped free vibrations, coulomb damped free vibrations, forced vibrations, and vibrations under periodic forces. You will also learn about energy, damping, responses to arbitrary excitations, responses to pulse excitations and more.
This course will be of interest to students of structural dynamics and civil engineering and those looking to broaden their knowledge and skills in the industry. Start this course today and learn more about structural dynamics for Civil Engineers.Start Course Now
Structural Dynamics - Learning Outcomes
Introduction to Structural Dynamics
Modelling of Dynamic System
Undamped Free Vibrations
Damped Free Vibrations
Structural Dynamics - Lesson Summary
Forced Vibrations - Learning Outcomes
Coulomb Damped Free Vibrations
Forced Vibrations - Part I
Forced Vibrations - Part 2
Harmonic Vibration Examples
Forced Vibrations - Lesson Summary
Arbitrary Excitations - Learning Outcomes
Vibration Under Periodic Forces
Energy and Damping
Response to Arbitrary Excitations
Response to Pulse Excitations
Arbitrary Excitations - Lesson Summary
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between static analysis and dynamic analysis
- Explain the elements of a dynamic system and degrees of freedom
- Discuss undamped free vibrations, simple harmonic motion and amplitude
- Describe viscously damped free vibrations
- Summarise coulomb damped free vibrations
- Explain resonance, force transmission and vibration isolation
- Outline mass moment of inertia, initial displacement and natural frequency
- Describe the response of damped systems to periodic force
- List responses to arbitrary force and ramp force
- Discuss the response to rectangular pulse excitations and approximate analysis for short pulses
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma ou Certificado da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados