ISO 9001:2015 Fundamental Concepts
Learn about ISO 9001:2015, the international standard that specifies requirements for Quality Management Systems.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificationView course modules
To begin, the course will discuss the history of ISO 9001 Revisions as well as clarify and describe common misconceptions about this revision. It will also teach you how to examine and manage the context of an organization. You will learn about the Process Approach and Risk-Based Thinking as well as each phase of the Plan, Do, Check, and Act Cycle. You will also be shown how to recognize the importance of managing organizational knowledge and how it can be preserved.
Next, you will learn how companies check their management system through internal audits and why top management should be involved in Management System through management reviews. You will also get the chance to compare what has changed from the previous version (ISO 9001:2008) to the new version (ISO 9001:2015) regarding management reviews. Soon, you will understand the complex quality management principles used in the standard with the help of simple examples and easy to use applications.
This course will be of great help to industrial professionals looking to implement ISO 9001:2015. It will also help top and middle management to understand the new changes within the standard so that they can provide a strategic and tactical direction to their organization. Consultants who assist organizations in the implementation of the new revised standard version will also find this course helpful. So why wait? Start the course now and learn the essential elements of ISO 9001:2015 in no time.
Module 1: Foundations of Quality Management System
Foundations of Quality Management System: Learning Outcomes
History of ISO 9001 Revisions
Process Approach and PDCA Cycle
Context of Organization and Risk Based Thinking
Foundations of Quality Management System: Lesson Summary
Module 2: Essential Elements of Quality Management System
Essential Elements of Quality Management System: Learning Outcomes
Essential Elements of Quality Management System: Lesson Summary
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Discuss the history of ISO 9001 Revisions.
• Clarify and describe common misconceptions about revision.
• Examine and manage the context of an organization.
• Explain Process Approach and Risk Based Thinking.
• List each phase of the Plan, Do, Check and Act Cycle.
• Recognize the importance of managing organizational knowledge and how it can be preserved.
• Discuss how companies check their management system through internal audits
• Discuss how top management should be involved in Management System through Management reviews
• Compare what has changed from previous version i.e. ISO 9001:2008 to new version ISO 9001:2015 regarding management reviews
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results