In this course you will learn how to introduce yourself and ask and answer questions in simple conversations. You will learn how to use the verb 'be' properly in the Present simple. You will learn about using contractions in positive and negative sentences. In addition, you will know how to use capital letters for certain words.
Also covered in the course is vocabulary and grammar relating to personal belongings. You will learn the correct pronunciation of words and questions and answers relating to nouns. You will also learn the proper use of pronouns in sentences. In topic three you will practice using singular and plural words correctly.
In the final course topic you will learn how to have simple conversations in different situations where you will use basic vocabulary and grammar. By listening to native speakers through the audio in this course and by practising, you will improve your speaking skills. You will learn to be able to make simple requests and ask simple questions. Finally you will learn about key words and how to recognise them.
Learn more about Alison's English Language Vertical.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Define different functions of the verb 'be' in the Present.
- List words where capital letters are used.
- Explain the significance of key words in sentences.
- Describe nouns that we carry in bags.
- Justify the form that is used in questions in the Present.
- Prove why we use certain forms when making requests.
- Relate how 'be' is used in conversations in the Present.
- Review how pronouns are used to identify things in singular and plural.
- State how contractions are used in positive and negative sentences.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results