Get ahead by exploring the paradigms and ideas that drive the manufacturing industry with this free online course.Publisher: NPTEL
Share This Course And
CertificaçãoView course modules
This free online course begins by introducing the principles of manufacturing. We explain the primary definitions and goals of manufacturing and identify its various processes with examples. This lets us map each process and link them to the resulting types of product.
We then delve into the ‘manufacturing revolutions’ of the past as we examine some notable inventions from the pre-industrial era and the Industrial Revolution, including the Iron Pillar in Delhi, the Venetian Arsenal and Great Britain’s 32-pounder cannon of 1805. We also take a close look at the distinct eras of manufacturing: mass production, mass customization and mass personalization.
Finally, we study the various ‘laws of manufacturing’, the relevant business models and the applications and impact of ‘technology radar’. The course illustrates how some emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR), machine learning and so on are currently utilized to advance the manufacturing industry. Such knowledge enables you to anticipate change and get ahead of the curve.Iniciar Curso Agora
Introduction to Manufacturing
Introduction to Manufacturing - Learning Outcomes
Definition of Manufacturing
Eras of Manufacturing
Manufacturing Processes and Era of Mass Production
Mass Production to Mass Customization
Introduction to Manufacturing - Lesson Summary
Manufacturing Business Models and Technologies.
Manufacturing Business Models and Technologies - Learning Outcomes
Laws of Manufacturing
Economic Lot Sizing and Economies of Scale
Adopting Manufacturing Technologies
Manufacturing Business Models and Technologies - Lesson Summary
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the processes involved in manufacturing
- Compare the manufacturing processes of different types of products
- Analyze the timeline from the pre-industrial era to the Industrial Revolution to the present
- Identify notable inventions from the different manufacturing revolutions
- Discuss the ‘laws of manufacturing’
- Explain various types of manufacturing business models
- Summarize the impact of modern technology on the manufacturing
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma , Certificado ou PDF da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados