Essential Soft Skills: Listening
In this free online course, learn how to build, strengthen and master excellent listening skills in your workplace.Publisher: TJ Walker
CertificaçãoView course modules
Listening skills are the silent soft skills that can make or break a career. Have you ever had to ask a customer, client, boss or colleague to repeat something several times? The ultimate form of respect you can show someone is to truly listen to them. Strong listening skills seem simple and commonplace but they are actually rare in most workplaces. In this step-by-step course, communication expert TJ Walker will show you how to kickstart and improve your listening skills. See how effective listening will increase productivity in your workplace, business and life. Your client, office mates or boss needs your full attention during conversations: learn how to eliminate unnecessary distractions and give proper focus to your conversations.
When you are listening to someone, your body language is crucial. In this course, you will study how to improve your body language when listening and convince the other person that you are paying full attention. Next, you will learn how to overcome the use of technology and improve your ability to listen effectively. You will also take a look at how to listen to someone when they are speaking about their emotional state. Master the art of not interrupting and how to ask for clarification during a meeting or business conversation. Being a good active listener has a lot to do with judgment: this course explains how to use your own judgment depending on the context.
Using a pen and paper in your workplace to jot down notes from meetings will have a positive impact on your work life and improve your image in front of your boss or clients. The course explains how to make your clients or colleagues feel that they are important and that what they are talking about is interesting to you. This course is ideal for anyone who faces the problem of not being a good listener and wants to improve their listening skills.Iniciar Curso Agora
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how you can listen with great attention
- Summarize how you can increase your focus and attention on a speaker
- Discuss how to retain information from customers, colleagues, clients and supervisors
- Outline the process of understanding spoken information in the workplace
- Summarize how to become a better communicator
- Explain the importance of good workplace relationships with everyone
- Describe how you can improve your body language when listening to others
- Outline the benefits of being a good listener in the workplace
- Describe how to learn active learning techniques
"Todos os cursos da Alison são gratuitos para estudar. Para completar com sucesso um curso, você deve marcar 80% ou mais em cada avaliação do curso. Após a conclusão bem-sucedida de um curso",Você pode optar por tornar a sua conquista formal comprando um Diploma , Certificado ou PDF da Alison.
oficial. Ter um documento da Alison oficial é uma ótima forma de comemorar e compartilhar o seu sucesso. É:
- Ideal para incluir nos CVs,inscrições de trabalho e portfolios
- Uma forma de mostrar a sua habilidade de aprender e alcançar altos resultados