People Management Skills in the Workplace
Learn how to be happy at work and develop strong people management skills in this free online course.Publisher: NPTEL
CertificationView course modules
This free online course on People Management Skills in the Workplace will begin by introducing you to the tenets of relationship development as well as relationship maintenance. You will also be introduced to the different stages of relationship development at the workplace as identified by Knapps. You will then learn about the fundamentals of relationship orientation behaviour otherwise known as FIRO-B.
This course will then introduce you to the behaviours associated with inclusion, affection, and control needs. You will learn about the alternate patterns of developing relationships in the workplace. You will then be introduced to the concept of forgiveness at the workplace along with the role forgiveness plays in the furtherance of an organization's goals and objectives, and happiness at work.
Finally, this course will equip you with the requisite skills needed to achieve organizational forgiveness as well as the critical conditions that can foster happiness in the workplace. You will learn how managers and employees can work together in an environment devoid of negativity and rancour so as to drive optimal productivity for the organization. You will also learn about fostering healthy interpersonal relationships amongst the employees.Démarrer le cours maintenant
Building and Maintaining Relationships at the Workplace
Building and Maintaining Relationships at the Workplace - Learning Outcomes
Relational Development and Maintenance
Knapp's Ten Stages of a Relationship
Alternate Patterns of Relational Development
Relationship Dissolution and Rebuilding
Fundamental Interpersonal Relationship Orientation Behavior
Behaviours Associated with Inclusion, Affection, and Control Needs
Building and Maintaining Relationships at the Workplace - Lesson Summary
Forgiveness and Happiness at the Workplace
Forgiveness and Happiness at the Workplace - Learning Outcomes
Happiness at the Workplace
Critical Factors of Happiness
Forgiveness and Happiness at the Workplace - Lesson Summary
Having completed this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss how relationships can be built and maintained.
- Explain how relationships can be dissolved and rebuilt.
- Identify Knapp's stages of relationship development.
- Explain the concept of fundamental interpersonal relationship orientation behavior (FIRO-B).
- Identify the behaviours associated with inclusion, affection, and control needs.
- Discuss the alternate patterns of relationship development.
- Define the concept of forgiveness.
- Explain organizational forgiveness.
- Discuss the importance of organizational forgiveness.
- Explain the concept of happiness.
- Discuss how happiness at work can be achieved.
- Identify the critical factors of happiness.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results