Introduction to C++ Programming Language
In this free online course, learn all about C++ programming concepts and principles, as well as how to use them.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificationView course modules
In the free online Introduction to C++ Programming course you will be introduced to programming principles in C++, and learn about some of its operators and functions and how to create objects and classes in C++. The course begins by introducing you to the history of C++. You will learn about the compilation process of a C++ program, about variables in C++, how they are strongly typed and what that means. Next, the course teaches you about the fundamentals operations of C++. You will learn about loops and the switch statement, and about operators in C++. You will also learn about functions, commenting, creating header files, and about using const to make sure variables don’t change their values. Finally, you will be introduced to what a object is and how classes help you in creating objects. You will learn about initialization, encapsulation and constructors. You will also learn about making const objects and problems that can occur with creating const objects. This free Alison course will be of great interest to programmers or developers who would like to learn more about the C++ programming language. Prerequisites: The learner will need to have a good understanding of programming concepts and know at least one other programming language.Start Course Now
Module 1 Getting Started with C++ Programming
Module 1 Learning Outcomes
How to Write, Build and Run Code
Quick History of C++
Module 1 Lesson Summary
Module 2 C++ Programming Principles
Module 3 The C++ Object Model
Module 3 Learning Outcomes
Objects and Classes
Module 3 Lesson Summary
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe the three-step process code goes through when it is being compiled.
- Discuss variable types in C++ and how to convert them into different types.
- Explain why C++ is a strongly typed programming language.
- Discuss the flow of control in a program and the precedence of operators in C++.
- Describe what functions are and how they work.
- Explain the usefulness of creating a header file and an object file to hold functions and objects.
- Describe the C++ standard library and how to include in your programs.
- Explain different ways to call the C++ standard library member functions. Identify what an object is.
- Explain how a class can help create complex objects.
- Discuss the process of encapsulation within your program.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results