English for Thai and Russian Speakers: Alphabets U to Z
Learn to express yourself fearlessly in English and sound like a fluent speaker with this free online course.Publisher: Teacher Vlad
CertificationView course modules
Phonemes correspond to alphabet sounds, but the relationship between the letter and the sound does not always exist when you say the word. A phoneme might have a specific pronunciation in one word and a slightly different pronunciation in another. You will improve your ability to hear, identify, and manipulate the sounds of each letter from U to Z during this course. Images of objects associated with letter shapes and sounds aid in the memory retention of letter names and pronunciation, improving your reading and speaking skills.
The following section explains the letter U, its names in the alphabet and four different sounds in words like cube, umbrella, full, fur. After that, you'll see, listen and repeat the letter V and words containing it, such as van, volcano, village. The subsequent letter presented to you will be W, along with its name and sounds encountered in terms like wall, flower and wrong. Additionally, you will study the sentence structure in the Present Continuous Tense and look at examples like ' He is working now.'. Then you will discover the letter X and how to pronounce it in x-ray, wax or xylophone.
The final section delves into the different sounds that the letter Y makes. You will listen to and write expressions containing words such as shy, pyramid, yacht, and early with different 'Y' sound. Finally, you will look at the pictures, hear the name and sounds of the last letter of the alphabet, Z, and recognize them in many words and phrases. This course combines phonics training, reading, and writing exercises for the final six alphabets, allowing you to quickly and accurately identify words and become a proficient English reader.Démarrer le cours maintenant
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the letters of the English alphabet: U, V, W, X, Y and Z
- Discuss the principles of English alphabets
- Compare the different letter sounds
- Match the words to their transcriptions
- Distinguish the letters after listening to the speaker and write them
- Summarize new phrases with a variety of sounds
- Explore various unusual words and terms
- Translate the new English words into your native language
- Discuss the Present Continuous Tense and its sentence structure
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results