Arabic Letters: Thaa2 (ث) and Noon ( ن )
Master the Arabic letters ‘Thaa2 (ث)’ and ‘Noon (ن)’, which correspond to 'Th’ and ‘N', in this free online course.Publisher: Muhammad Elshanawy
CertificationView course modules
Did you know that in Arabic, words always begin with a consonant and end with a vowel? In this way, it's very different from most English words that feature two consonants and sometimes silent letters. This free online course teaches you how to use the fourth and twenty-fifth letters of the Arabic alphabet.
We begin with 'Thaa2 (ث)', the fourth letter, which sounds like the English 'Th'. We examine 'Thaa2 (ث)’ with short and long vowels and explain its use with Tanween Fat7ah, Damah and Kasrah. The course shows you how to write the letter depending on its position in a word.
We then move on to the twenty-fifth letter in Arabic: ‘Noon (ن)’. Once again, we analyze it with short and long vowels, as well as with Tanween. Arabic letters can have four different forms depending on their position in a word. We explain how the letter links to those before or after it. This course suits anyone who wants to explore the beauties of Arabic by learning the letters ‘Thaa2 (ث)’ and ‘Noon (ن)’.Démarrer le cours maintenant
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the fourth and twenty-fifth letters of the Arabic alphabet
- Describe how to write the letters ‘Thaa2 (ث)’ and ‘Noon (ن)’
- Explain how to pronounce them correctly
- Use the letters with the short vowels
- Analyze the differences between them with long vowels
- Explore the letters with Tanwen
- Break down how to write the letters depending on their position in words
- Discuss when and how to use the letters ‘Thaa2 (ث)’ and ‘Noon (ن)’
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results