Fundamentals of Blockchain and Bitcoin
Learn the guiding principles, and inner workings of Blockchain Technology and Bitcoin; in this free online course.Publisher: Sonar Systems
Share This Course And
CertificaciónVer los módulos del curso
This short, free, online course covers the concepts of the use of Bitcoin and Blockchain Technology. It begins with a detailed introduction to Blockchain technology; explaining its most important features – decentralization and distribution. It then goes on to explain some of the inner workings of the technology, and relevant elements like Hashes, Blocks, Merkle Trees, and Ledgers. The first half of the course contains a brief history of Blockchain, an overview of its advantages, and an introduction to cryptography and cryptocurrencies.
The second half of the course begins with a detailed explanation of Bitcoin and a comparison with regular/fiat currencies. This is followed by an outline of the advantages and disadvantages of the currency, as well as an explanation of the mining/creation process. It goes on to explain how to use Bitcoin, the factors that determine its price, and services like wallets and exchanges, that facilitate its use. The course concludes by distinguishing between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, explaining the limitations of the verification system, and steps proposed to remedy those problems.
Bitcoin, similar cryptocurrencies, and Blockchain have become increasingly popular, as their advantages over fiat currencies have become increasingly popular. This course goes into detail to explain the inner workings, guiding principles, and the factors that have contributed to the creation and increasing adoption of the technology, and the resulting currencies. It also explains how to get started with the use of Bitcoin, and other currencies. Start now and gain useful understanding of cryptocurrencies and Blockchain in 3 hours.Inicio Curso Ahora
Introduction to Blockchain Technology
Introduction to Blockchain Technology – Learning Outcomes
Blockchain Structure and Features
History of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
Introduction to Blockchain Technology – Lesson Summary
Bitcoin Cryptocurrency – Learning Outcomes
Introduction to Bitcoin
Bitcoin Wallets and Exchanges
Uses and Applications of Bitcoin
Bitcoin Cryptocurrency – Lesson Summary
By the end of this course, you will be able to;
- Define Blockchain.
- Distinguish between the concepts of Decentralisation and Distribution.
- Explain the structure of a Block in Blockchain.
- Outline the purpose of Hashes and Ledgers.
- Discuss the advantages of using Blockchain over other databases.
- Explain the concept of Cryptography.
- Outline the advantages of using Bitcoin, over fiat currencies.
- Describe the process of creating new Bitcoins.
- Differentiate between Bitcoin wallets and exchanges.
- Outline the factors that could affect the price of Bitcoin.
- Differentiate between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.
- Differentiate between Hard and Soft Forks.
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results