Ethics and Corporate Governance
Learn all about effective corporate governance and ethics within a corporation with this free online course.
Take this certificate on your own.
Start now and learn at your own pace.
CertificaciónVer los módulos del curso
This free online course, Corporate Governance and Ethics, begins by introducing you to the corporate commitment to instilling ethics within a corporation. You will learn about the impact of managing ethics. You will be able to explain the markers of a high-quality ethics program. You will be familiar with the elements of the formal and informal approaches to managing ethics. You will also understand the issue of interpersonal ethical misconduct in the workplace.
The course then explains the different approaches to the application of ethics. You will learn about the corporate ethical dilemma. You will gain an understanding of the concept of corporate governance as a pillar for any ethical corporation. Next, you will learn about the significance and limitations of corporate governance. You will become familiar with key elements that work to improve the quality of corporate governance.
Furthermore, you will be able to explain specific areas of concern in corporate governance such as failure to control the top executive, low accountability and pay inequity. You will be familiar with the excessive remuneration for top executives and terms like merger and acquisitions. You will also learn about the stock market, the issues of insider trading along with credit rating agencies. This free online course will be of great interest to students, researchers, and anyone with an interest in business management. So, register for this course and start your next learning journey today.Inicio Curso Ahora
Ethics Management - Learning Outcomes
Managing Ethics within the Corporation
Introduction to the Formal Approach
Formal and Informal Approach
Personal Ethical Misconduct at Workplace
How to Apply Ethics
Ethics Management - Lesson Summary
Corporate Governance - Learning Outcomes
Understanding Corporate Governance
Conflicts and Key Elements
Investors Interest Protection
Corporate Governance - Lesson Summary
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the impact of managing ethics
- Describe the markers of a high-quality ethics program
- Define the elements in the formal approach of managing ethics in a corporation
- Explain the role of leadership in instilling ethics in an organization
- Define corporate governance
- List the key elements that determine the quality of corporate governance
- Analyze specific areas of concern in corporate governance as well as countermeasures
- Discuss the concept of Socially Responsible Investment (SRI)
- Explain shareholder democracy and activism
All Alison courses are free to study. To successfully complete a course you must score 80% or higher in each course assessments. Upon successful completion of a course, you can choose to make your achievement formal by purchasing an official Alison Diploma, Certificate or PDF.
Having an official Alison document is a great way to celebrate and share your success. It is:
- Ideal to include with CVs, job applications and portfolios
- A way to show your ability to learn and achieve high results